DER OPEN CALL FÜRS UND#12 IST VORBEI.
Der nächste Call startet Ende Mai 2022. Das UND#12 erscheint Anfang Juni 2022.
Open Call #12 – Davon kann man leben!
Kunst, Kultur und Literatur sind relevant. Das würden wohl viele so unterschreiben. Aber wie, wo und in welcher Relation? Wir wollen wissen, welchen Stellenwert dieses Dreigespann in deiner Gesellschaft hat. Kommen sie gleich nach Brot und Bier oder sind sie geistiger Luxus? Sind sie verboten oder gar lebensgefährlich? Erzählt uns von eurem Alltag im Kulturbetrieb! Was macht ihr da und warum eigentlich? Ist es möglich, den (Mehr-)Wert von Kunst und Kulturprojekten zu bemessen, ihn abzubilden oder greifbar zu machen? Wo finden Kunst und Kultur heute statt? Sind sie schon längst in den digitalen Raum übersiedelt? Was müssen, sollen, wollen und können sie? Gebt uns einen Einblick, zeichnet einen Ausblick!
Einreichfrist: 28. Feber 2022
Topic: It’s a living!
UND#12 is going to be released in June 2022.
Richtlinien Open Call
A topic for each issue of UND magazine is announced in an open call, and we gather any relevant material you come up with in response. We provide you with editing, layout, graphics, and proofreading – you creative, motivated people provide us with content.
Twice a year (June–August, and December–February). Thus, we publish two issues of UND magazine per year.
We’re always on the lookout for challenging, socially relevant topics for our issues that allow for manifold approaches and perspectives. They should be interpretable discursively as well as both aesthetically and formally.
Each and everyone.
Photos, essays, illustrations, drawings, sculptures, collages, theoretical considerations, cartoons, reflections, project descriptions, interviews, poems, questionnaires, experience reports, theatrical works, installations, sketches, instructions, prose miniatures, satire, announcements, comics, possibilities, dreams, and utopias … Any printable content may be submitted. However, your submission has to clearly reflect the announced topic.
* Submissions must not contain any racist or other discriminatory content. The editorial team of UND magazine reserves the right to select suitable contributions.
- Please send a word document (NOT a PDF).
- Maximum text length: 17,500 characters incl. punctuation and white space (heading, teaser, footnotes, and/or reference sources)
Please provide low-resolution images (72 dpi) at first – otherwise, our mailbox will burst. After selection, the editorial team will ask for higher resolution images (300 dpi).
Please include the following information in a separate Word document:
- Title of your work
- Technique, year of origin
- Short description of your work/explanation of its intention (2–3 sentences)
- Full name and postal address (for your free copies of UND magazine)
- Short biography for the index of the magazine
- Instagram or Facebook address (if existing): Since UND magazine is meant to be a network for creative people, we communicate on its contents and contributors via social media too. Should that not meet your expectations, please give us a heads-up!
- Headline or title of your work
- Teaser: Describe your work in 2–3 sentences (not required for short stories, poetry, or other fiction).
Please submit the following information in a separate document:
- Specification of the text type
- Full name and postal address (for free copies of the magazine)
- Short biography for the magazine’s index
Instagram or Facebook address (if existing): Since UND magazine is meant to be a network for creative people, we communicate on its contents and contributors via social media too. Should that not meet your expectations, please give us a heads-up
The decision about which of the submitted works will be published is made in several jury sessions, which are attended by the editorial team and some ever-changing external members. Proximity to the topic of the current issue is one important selection criterion. However, the selection is not solely based on “qualities” regarding content and/or style, but it is also about covering a variety of types of images and texts as wide as possible, as well as different perspectives on the respective topic of the issue.
Yes, all our contributors receive no less than three free copies! You can either come by and fetch them during our UND release parties or visit us at Bäckerei – Kulturbackstube/Innsbruck to get them. But of course, we’re also happy to send them to all you nonlocal, remote, or release-indisposed people.
By submission, the contributor declares their agreement to publication in UND magazine. The copyrights remain with the contributor. The contributor has to be the original author of the text or pictorial submission. In case the submission contains any text (e.g., quotations) or images from someone else, these MUST be clearly identified and properly quoted (e.g., name of the photographer or author, exact book title) – the copyright permissions must, in each and every case, be cleared and obtained beforehand!
After selection, we proofread and edit your text. And we apply norms of gender-inclusive language where suitable (which does not apply to short stories, poetry, or other fictional text types). Should this be contrary to your intentions, please give us a heads-up!